Monday, June 27, 2011

The Dreamy Pink Love Nest of Jayne Mansfield.













What a dream palace!   This is like the doll house I always fantasized about as a kid.  I am such a sucker for kitchy gold, and mirrors, tons of pictures framed on a wall, and faux bear rugs.  My taste is really a derivative of the house of the house I grew up in.  My mother has quite eclectic interior design tastes... Japanese print framed next to African statue, next to giant organ from the 60s, next to straw hat...

I think Jayne Mansfield died not long after this photoshoot.  In the "Wild, wild World of Jayne Mansfield" (1968), her young son, still shook from his Mother's death gives a shellshocked tour of her pink palace.  I wonder what came of it... ?



1 comments:

Atomic April said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Such a shame that the "Pink Palace" was demolished back on 2002.

And I'm a sucker for Kitch as well!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...