Thursday, July 14, 2011

A Grace Kelly Summer.




I've always thought Grace Kelly irresistible-- although she's the type of mainstream beauty I usually don't go for -- so poised, so prim, so perfect.   I'm not sure why she's still so lovely to me, I love her round doe eyes, and wide jaw, and elegance.  Its almost too perfect she later became a princess.

And its almost shocking how modern these photos look in their minimal, au natural, and unusually candid nature for the 50s.    Stars of Ms. Kelly's caliber were rarely photographed so vulnerably, with little make-up and simple clothing, laughing so openly. I wish I knew who the photographer(s) is. 


**UPDATE:  Special thanks to, Remi who sent me this link  that features more pictures from the same photo shoot.  Remi also let me know that the photographer is Howell Conant.  



2 comments:

remi said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

the photographer is howell conant
you have few more here
http://starbucksandjane.blogspot.com/2009/09/grace-kelly-life-in-pictures.html

anyway, love this, will add some to my blog too :)

Lise.silva said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thank you, Remi... You are fantastic! Great link.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...