Monday, July 25, 2011

I don't wanna be a loser in love.



Lesley Gore preforming "I don't wanna be a loser" in the 1965 beach party romp "Girls on the Beach".  I'm sad the video is a little out-of-synch but its a rarity so I'm glad to see this clip on Youtube at all.  I love the change at the end that suddenly turns it into a Sister Nancy-esque ska-reggae song for about the last 10 seconds... I wish she did the whole song like that.   


I don't wanna be a loser
I don't wanna have a broken heart

Oh I don't wanna be a loser
I don't want another girl
to tear us apart

Tell me, what can I do to keep from losin' you
'Cause I could never live without your love
I don't wanna be, no I don't wanna be a loser
I don't wanna hear you say goodbye
Oh I don't wanna be a loser
End up with a million tears that I'll have to cry
Oh I'll fight with all my might, 
kiss you & hold you tight
Until you say I'm right; 

I don't wanna be a loser in love

(instrumental)

I don't wanna be a loser
I don't want another girl to tear us apart
Oh please tell me, what can I do to keep from losin' you
'Cause I could never live without your love
A loser in love, in love, 
I don't wanna be a loser in love

Oh I don't wanna be a loser in love, whoa-oh-oh.

I don't wanna be a loser in love


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...