Tuesday, October 23, 2012

The dance of death.




Clips from "Masque of the Red Death" (1964), starring Paul McCartney's own Jane Asher and the great Vincent Price.

As a teenager I used to pore over Beatles bios completely intrigued by the spotty information given about the glamour girls behind the boys.  Redheaded sprite Jane Asher was said to be an actress, so seriously engaged in her craft she let needy McCartney fall by the wayside to persue her art instead.  Although I heard she focused on stage work, I always wondered where the few films she was said to have acted in have gone.  Aside from her working class girl-next-door in Alfie, I hadn't seen her on the silver screen until I somehow came across this great, over-the-top, atmospheric British horror-thriller "Masque of the Red Death" (1964), based on a Poe short.  


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...