Wednesday, December 11, 2013

2013 in Print.





I'm in total disbelief that 2013 is over. So many changes, so much accomplished, so much left to do, so so many things still hanging in the balance, some joys and some disappointments too. I heard recently happiness defined as "divine discontent"... joy with just enough discontent with the status quo to keep you striving for an elusive something. I guess total bliss 'round the clock would be dullsville without a little challenge or some goal yet to be accomplished.


 I've been wanting to make prints of past work for a while now, finally checking that tiny goal off the list.  Its always trickier, pricier, and more time consuming than you think to get super quality prints of originals -- at least, for a critical eye like mine.  I've had this one in the works for a while and finally hit the sweet spot with price and quality and I'm super happy with the results! But I didn't expect it to inspire so much major reflection remembering the amazing dolls I've worked with this past year and seeing my idea and techniques and preoccupations evolve.   I've added three different mini print sets to the shop, contact me if you would like to buy any one individual print in a 4 x 6 vintage frame... I also ship globally.  Unfortunately it was sunset when took these above/below photos and the prints appear a bit bleached out when I tried to lighten the picture, but in real life the prints are bright, saturated colorscapes and look more as they appear in the original blog posts (second set of links below).

See the mini print listings here:  



Dreams from the Psychedelic Dollhouse


Each sequence tells a story... See the original postings with context and captions here: 

Cosmic,  Stardust,  Dreams.  












1 comments:

Thomas Mercado said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

This page is so cool. I was researching on red telephones and stumbled upon this very artsy site. keep it up.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...